16 Days of Birding Extravaganza! Borneo is home to 688 resident and migratory species of birds, 59 of them endemic to Borneo. We…
- Things To Bring
16 Days of Birding Extravaganza! Borneo is home to 688 resident and migratory species of birds, 59 of them endemic to Borneo. We pride ourselves in being the Birding Specialist of Borneo with our own in-house specialist Bird Guides. Come with us as we take you through the best of Borneo in search of Borneo’s birds including to Kinabalu Park, Poring, Sepilok, Sukau, Tabin and Danum Valley, staying in top-notch locations along the way such as Borneo Rainforest Lodge and a recently recognized National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World – Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
- Birding at Sepilok Nature Reserve
- 02 Nights stay at Sukau Rainforest Lodge, National Geographic unique lodges of the world, Superior Room. Travel to SRL by speedboat.
- 02 afternoon river cruises and 01 early morning river cruise in search of Borneo’s birdlife
- Experience the uniqueness of Gomantong Cave and its surrounding to witness the amazing bat exodus at dusk and see the bat hawks in action
- At Sukau Rainforest Lodge, enjoy a night safari river cruise through Kinabatangan River to spot nocturnal wildlife (Optional Tour)
- Bird watching in Tabin Wildlife Reserve
- Exploring Kinabatangan River
- Stay at Borneo Rainforest Lodge, award winning nature lodge
- Explore Danum Valley Conservation Area
Day 1 : Kota Kinabalu - Kinabalu Park
Drive 88 km to Kinabalu Park, Malaysia's first World Heritage Site. Bird watching in Kinabalu Park, home to over 300 species of birds. Stay overnight in Kundasang. (Lunch & Dinner)
Day 2 - 4 : Kinabalu Park - Poring
Full day bird watching in Kinabalu Park. Birdwatching in Poring on one of these days.(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 5 : Poring - Sepilok
Morning Bird watching before departing to Sepilok in approximately 4-hour overland journey to the east coast. Night walk in the evening. Overnight at Sepilok. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Note on Camera Use at Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre:
For any camera with zoom lens from 100 to 400mm, video camera or other video recording equipment for personal use are chargeable at RM10.00 per unit. For any camera (fixed-lens - 400mm and above ) or any film-making equipment are chargeable at RM1,000.00 per unit. Mode of payment is cash only.
Day 6 : Rainforest Discovery Centre
Full day birdwatching in Rainforest Discovery Centre. Overnight at Sepilok. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 7 : Sepilok - Sukau Rainforest Lodge
Birdwatching in the morning. At noon, depart to Sukau by boat on Sabah's longest river, the Kinabatangan. Lower Kinabatangan is home to 210 species of birds. Check into the award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge. Join an afternoon cruise for bird watching. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Please make sure that you travel light to Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
Experience profound relaxation and comfort at Halia Spa, Sukau Rainforest Lodge, as we provide an 'escape from the ordinary' by offering you a blend of both traditional and modern Spa treatments.
Day 8 - 9 : Sukau
Morning and afternoon cruise for bird watching. Visit Gomantong Caves on one of these evenings to watch the exodus of bats and bathawks. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 10 : Sukau - Tabin
Proceed to Lahad Datu and then onwards to Tabin Wildlife Reserve, another haven for bird watching enthusiasts which boasts approximately 220 species of birds. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 11 : Tabin
Full day bird watching in Tabin. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 12 : Tabin - Borneo Rainforest Lodge
Transfer to Lahad Datu and Danum Valley. Check into Borneo Rainforest Lodge before continuing bird watching. More than 300 species of birds have been recorded in Danum Valley. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 13 - 14 : Borneo Rainforest Lodge
Full day bird watching. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Day 15 : Borneo Rainforest Lodge - Kota Kinabalu
Bird watching in the morning. Depart from Lahad Datu to airport for flight to Kota Kinabalu. Overnight in hotel. (Breakfast & Lunch)
Day 16 : Departure
Departure transfer to airport. (Breakfast)
|ROOMS||RATES PER PERSON||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT|
|Superior||RM 23017||RM 4787|
|Villa||RM 23790||RM 6756|
High season surcharge:
- MYR 175 nett per person at Borneo Rainforest Lodge (Mar, Apr, 15 July -15 Oct, March 2020)
- MYR 267 nett per person at Sukau Rainforest Lodge (July -August)
- MYR 45 per room per night at KK City Hotel (1-14 July 2018)
- MYR 58 per room per night at KK City Hotel (15 Jul – 21 Aug, 29 Sep – 7 Oct 2018, 2 – 10 Feb 2020)
Please be informed that the prices are nett and inclusive of 6% SST for accommodations, meals, tours, and transfers under the Malaysian Law.
Upgrade to villa: All our 20 new villas are now up and ready for guests. If you have booked a superior room in advance but want to upgrade to a villa, you can! Just pay the price difference and you’re all set!
The following discounts apply to tours that include Sukau Rainforest Lodge ONLY:
- Children age 3 and below – Free
- Children ages 4 to 12 may share a room with ONE adult – 25% discount
- Children ages 4 to 12 may share a room with TWO adult – 50% discount
Tours and transfers, accommodation and meals as specified, private river cruise in Sukau, entrance fees and English speaking guide.
Domestic airfare (Kota Kinabalu(BKI) – Sandakan(SDK)) & (Lahad Datu(LDU) – Kota Kinabalu(BKI)), camera fee and items not mentioned, Tourism Tax (TTx) flat rate of RM10 per room per night.
- Sun block lotion
- Personal toiletries
- Torch light
- Insect repellent
- Drinking water bottle
- Walking shoes
Borneo Eco Tours is moving towards a plastic-free environment, so, please join our movement by bringing your own refillable water bottle during your time with us.